Sunday, August 14, 2011

a prayer


There is a road I have been walking on


A soft terrain in which my feet sink with each step

And the sky hidden behind the grayness of doubt

Knows the truth of my wonderings

How the dusk seeps in and I chase the last light
Of the day…

Hear these words as I prostrate my heart before You

As the evening comes and I have no bearing, no

Comfort from myself

Could I let you this once help me
To surrender?

Could I choose my salvation in the turmoil
Of my soul?

Bear these words as I have none to muster

As the roots of pain are exposed and

I cling to no hope of power in me

It has no weight neither has it no might

I wait…among restlessness and burning desperation

I wait in the hope that is in Your promise to deliver

Even so

deliver me


No comments:

Post a Comment