Sunday, August 14, 2011

the choir of questions


I would not know the passing of deep things
As I sat in the pew with remorse
And the choir sang my heart in high tones,
I realized I was not at all
Real

Questions, beautiful questions
As daggers to my conscience
And flashlights to my too-long closed eyes
I squint….

Where have I been and who am I now

You with great stance on stage, a voice of
Soothe and solace move
The core and shift my mind…
A tremble beneath the wonder
And display of it all
I am quickened

To know me

Horrified to my findings;
I have lost passion
I have lost love in its brightest light

I have lost when I thought myself to win
And this is not winning at all

So sing into me the chorus
Of meaning!
Let me be a song
God loves to sing!

How long will this Epiphany visit?  I worry.
And do I care; can I care
enough to live
What this moment
asks of me…?

No comments:

Post a Comment